Grange Park is bounded by Spadina Ave, University Ave, College St and Queen St. Predominantly, Grange Park is a residential neighborhood, however, many of the buildings within this area have been converted to commercial use and as a result there are many office buildings, small art galleries, and restaurants located within the area. Famous landmarks in this neighborhood include the AGO, OCAD University, and “Village by the Grange,” which is a residential and shopping complex located on the east side of McCaul St. Also featured within this neighborhood is the commercial enclave known as “Baldwin Village,” which is situated between Beverley St and McCaul St.
The Toronto Harbourfront extends along its southern border of Lake Ontario and its northern border of Lakeshore Blvd from Lower Jarvis St to the Bathurst Street. The Harbourfront is a mixed-use neighborhood. Government lands to the south of Queen’s Quay include a Community Centre, a Toronto Fire Department Station, various boating uses, parkland and the Harbourfront Centre, which is located at the bottom of Lower Simcoe Street. The Harbourfront is also the site of the Toronto Island Ferry, which provides transportation to the Toronto Islands from the foot of Bay Street. The Harbourfront neighborhood is also in possession of a vast network of parks, open spaces and trails that allow residents and visitors to access the public realm.
Liberty Village is bordered by King St W to the north, the Gardiner Expy to the south, Dufferin St to the west and Strachan Ave to the east. The neighborhood is within walking distance to recreation, shops, services, restaurants and galleries. Its excellent location has allowed the neighborhood to experience rapid growth since 2004. This has been evidenced by the influx of new condominium and loft developments, office space, a new park and a multitude of new shops and restaurants.
Niagara is bordered by Queen Street to the north, the Canadian National railway corridor to the south, Atlantic Street to the west and Bathurst Street to the east. Niagara was formerly a working-class neighborhood, with many employees of the Canadian National and Canadian Pacific railway companies residing in the area. Niagara was part of the ‘New Town’ extension of Toronto, which underwent construction beginning in 1834. It became home to working class and new immigrant housing, mostly from Italy and Portugal, for much of the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, the neighborhood is undergoing an explosion of condominium and row house development.
Old Town is bounded by Queen Street to the north, Front Street to the south, Church Street to the west and Parliament Street to the east. Along the main streets of Queen, King and Front there are many restaurants and shops. Landmarks in the neighborhood include George Brown College and the historic St. James Anglican Cathedral. Old Town is called as such because it is the original site of the Town of York – as laid out in 1793 – the first settlement of the modern-day City of Toronto. There is also a large concentration of early-19th century heritage buildings within this historic neighborhood.
9 Scollard St.
the feedFollow @KaiveWong
- Who needs a vacation when you can get a tan in your living room? 🌞 Loving the views from our… https://t.co/IDrpmpm4bI
- Wednesdays are the worst! BlogTO's 'Rental of the Week' get us through the day. What's your mid-week power up? https://t.co/ZTdMhBi1DZ
- Happy #StPatricksDay from all of us at Axon Capital Realty! Enjoy a pint of Guiness & celebrate in green! Have fun & stay safe! #TGIF
- RT @norm: City Hall and the CN Tower will be lit red and white tonight for the @Raptors home opener. #WeTheNorth https://t.co/Rq6fgppv2Z