It’s been almost six months since Remington and the Easton Group’s King Blue Condos’ VIP Launch last October 2012, so we thought we’d update you on everything that’s been unfolding since.
Last Saturday, you might have missed out on the official public launch of the project, which was a special night. King Blue Condominium’s developers, Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects, invited retired Leafs Captain and legend, Wendell Clark to greet fans and sign autographed King Blue hockey pucks!
Aside from the excitement that Wendel Clark brought to the event, there were also plenty of plans that were unveiled as well. For instance, the Easton Group has amazing and extensive amenities planned for their upcoming development.
As you probably know, King Blue Condominiums will be a twin-tower mixed-use development at 355 King Street West. Plans consist of a 48-storey north tower and a 44-storey south tower, set atop a podium which will utilize the historic façade of the Westinghouse Building at the intersection of King and Blue Jays Way.
At grade, there will be multiple first-class retail stores, a hotel, and the newest Toronto attraction, the Theatre Museum of Canada. Above, there will be residential units, not to mention amazing five star amenities. It doesn’t hurt that King Blue is in between two of the liveliest neighbourhoods of our city, with countless attractions just steps away. The King Street West Theatre and Entertainment Districts of Toronto boast countless restaurants and clubs. The best of live theatre is nearby too.
About the Canadian Westinghouse Building
Built in two stages between 1927 and 1935, this 6-storey, yellow brick building’s north and west façades will be preserved and incorporated into the project. Charcoal-black bricks have been chosen for the new portions of the podium to provide a pleasant contrast with the heritage portion, while terra cotta frames will echo those on the heritage façade. The complex’s pool can be seen below in the pavilion on the roof of the Westinghouse podium.
Theatre Museum Canada
The bulk of Theatre Museum Canada’s space in the complex will be on the second floor of the southern half of the podium, with long windows overlooking Mercer Street and Blue Jays Way. It will be an education and exhibition centre paying tribute to the art of theatre.
Building Features and Amenities
The amenities at King Blue are designed by Munge Leung.
- Grand Port Cochere Courtyard for pick up drop off
- The complex will be split into north and south by the courtyard, and will connect to Blue Jays Way
- Private lobby for each tower
- 24/7 concierge service
- State of the art Fitness Centre and Change Rooms
- Outdoor deck and Pool Bar
- Rooftop Terrace in North and South Tower
- Advanced Security
- Enter-phone and cameras at all visitor entrances allowing for in-suite viewing through television connection direct to suite
- Resident key fob access throughout all common areas
- Convenient parking with cameras in the garage
- Rooftop Terrace featuring multiple private seating areas equipped with outdoor fire pits and bar for residents’ use
- Open and airy, yet intimate
- Curvy 20 foot ivy wrapped trellis
- Central seating area features stunningly lit artistic metal arches that soar above a beautiful water feature
- Landscaping, trees and water features create a magical ambience
- Fire pits and great city views as a backdrop
- A lounge and private garden
- Art gallery
- Multi-function Party Room complete with bar, fireplace and kitchen
- Multi-media Theatre Room
- Seventh floor swimming pool with adjacent access to outdoor deck
- Separate male and female change rooms and showers
- State of the art full Fitness Centre featuring the latest equipment
- Weight training and cardio areas
- Relaxing lounge area adjacent to Fitness Centre
- Yoga Room
- Secure, solid core suite entry door with dead-bolt and guest viewer
- 9 ft. smooth ceilings in principal rooms* (with the exception of hallways, closets, bathrooms and foyer at 8 ft., and 43rd, 44th floor suites at 10 ft. in principal rooms)
- Engineered oak hardwood floors throughout with the exception of bathrooms
- Floor to ceiling windows with 4” aluminum mullions in living and dining areas offering panoramic views above the urban canopy
- Solid wood, painted 4” baseboards
- Rough in for wall mounted TVs
- All appliances connected and ready for use
- Thermostat and Smoke Detector
- Voice communication for Fire Department command room near the suite entrance lobby
- Directory panel communication via en-suite panel or en-suite land line telephone
- White electrical services and outlet covers
- Polished granite countertops and Kitchen Island* (where applicable)
- Stainless steel and integrated (where applicable) appliances including counter top stove, microwave, oven and dishwasher, also included is a stainless kitchen sink
- Laminate wood cabinetry and glass uppers
- Glass tile backsplash and polished hardware
- Undermount lighting
Private Spa Bathrooms
- High-efficiency flush one-piece toilets with elongated, comfort height design
- Drop in bath tub with porcelain tile wall as per plan
- Glass shower stall as per plan
- Laminate wood cabinetry with polished marble countertops and drop in sinks
- Top quality hardware throughout including towel bar and toilet paper holder
- Master en-suite floor finish in honed marble and marble tiles at tub walls
- Designer vanity mirror including light feature
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors
- Stackable front loading washer and dryer vented to exterior
Pricing (subject to change)
Bachelors from: $247,900
1 Bedrooms from: $331,900
1 Bedroom + Dens from: $347,900
2 Bedrooms from: $454,900
2 Bedroom + Medias from: $518,900
2 Bedroom + Dens from: $551,900
3 Bedrooms + Medias from: $712,900
3 Bedrooms from: $637,900
The finished product will add 807 units to the King West neighbourhood, with an impressive roster of recently completed developments such as Charlie, and M5V. Upon completion, King Blue Condominiums will add more life to an already vibrant area.
Please contact Kaive Wong, Broker of Record, at (416) 929-1660 or via e-mail at email@example.com for full details on suites, floor plans, and pricing.